[clue-tech] burning DVD videos

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Mon Jul 16 18:51:40 MDT 2007

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> Has anyone tried making a video and later converted it and stored it on a hard drive, then had a company make a DVD image?  I know someone who did that and the DVDs wouldn't play in a DVD player.  The company said that the format of older DVD drives was different and offered to give a refund towards reformatting and making new disks.  And the minimum order is 1000 disks.
>
> I am not aware of the format changing.  I also think that if I take an image to be burned, that the company should be able to guarantee that they will be usable.
>
> Does anyone know a reputable company in Denver that does this work and does not insist on 1000 disks minimum?

This doesn't directly answer you question, but an alternate solution
could be to create the DVD image yourself using DVD Styler or a similar
tool and the then just sending the vendor the completed ISO image for
production.  This would give you the change to verify your "formatting"
is compatible with a few test burns before sending it out for mass
production.

-Ken