[clue-tech] wireless on Ubuntu

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:18:00 MDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/07, Yuko Jonah <spidna at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Collins, you can come by the house to test your wireless, since i lived
> > close to you now.
> >

> Thanks, but I've moved on to Gutsy Gibbon - working fine on my desktop
> system, now loading on the laptop. Will see how this goes later.

Final FYI on this topic.

On Gutsy, wireless works aok. I left the ethernet cable plugged in to
do the initial updates, but as soon as I unplugged it, clicked on the
network manager, and selected my network, wireless came right up.
Gutsy is smart enough to install the restricted modules automatically,
but of course you still get the Debian style NASTY NASTY warning when
you boot.

I'm installing xubuntu-desktop through the wireless now.

Thanks to all who chose to play this exciting game <grin>.

--
Collins Richey