[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 08:26:46 MDT 2007

My broadband provider is raising rates, and I've not been too happy with the
service lately, so I'm switching to Qwest DSL at the house.  Hope I'm not
making a mistake.

The rep at the Qwest store said that the install would not work with Linux or
Macintosh, but only with Windows - my assumption is, that is for the MSN
"service."

I expect that as soon as the DSL is activated, I'll plug in the wireless
router to the DSL modem and it will "just work."  Am I wrong?  What will be
needed on my two Linux machines to work with the Qwest DSL connection,
anything?  I don't plan to use any MSN features like email, etc.  All I want
is the internet connection.

Is a default web space provided with Qwest residential DSL?  How about an nntp
Usenet account?

Thanks.