[clue-tech] Make your linux box a cuckoo clock

Jed S. Baer cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net
Fri Jun 15 20:01:36 MDT 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:46:30 -0600
Collins Richey wrote:

> > Make your linux box a cuckoo clock (you'll need a kuku.au sound file):
>
> Any hints where to get kuku.au - it's pretty well hidden as far as
> Google is concerned.

Without having RTFA, I'll just assume that the filename kuku.au is
hard-coded. You'd think there'd be someplace in the preferences where you
can choose the sound file you want, but hey, I'll just roll with it.

You could just make your own kuku.au file, using sox, for example:

  $ sox chainsawbarney.wav kuku.au

That works fine on my system. It might be a bit lengthy for a cuckoo
sound. I have many interesting sound bites. Perhaps the frog would work.
I'd be happy to send you a copy.

jed