[clue-tech] Make your linux box a cuckoo clock

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 22:27:26 MDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Jed S. Baer <cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:46:30 -0600
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > Any hints where to get kuku.au - it's pretty well hidden as far as
> > Google is concerned.
>

> Ah, here's just what you need:
> http://mirror-us-ga1.gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/music/cuckoo-clock-one-chime-ANON.au

Thanks Jed. I must get a life! I just coded up this little ditty and
put it in cron.hourly. 10PM just rolled around and I was greeted by
the mighty cuckoo.

#!/bin/bash
sub() {
        hrplus=$4
        hr=${hrplus%%:*}
        if [[ $hr > 12 ]]; then
                hr=`expr $hr - 12`
        fi
        while [ $hr -gt 0 ]; do
                play /home/collins/cuckoo-clock-one-chime-ANON.au &> /dev/null
                hr=$[$hr-1]
        done
}
now=`date`
sub $now

> I also have a cricket.

I don't have crickets until fall when they try to come in from the patio.

--
Collins Richey