[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

William wwcluetech1 at kimballstuff.com
Sun Jun 17 01:32:03 MDT 2007

Adrian Noland wrote:
> On 6/14/07, *Ken MacFerrin* <lists at macferrin.com
> <mailto:lists at macferrin.com>> wrote:
>
>     [snip]
>     >
>     > I have used and will continue to support Front Range Internet.
>     > (www.frii.net <http://www.frii.net>)  Local techs with a clue,
>     and never seen a bottleneck
>     > ever on my DSL service with multiple static IP's.  If you're
>     comparing
>     > their non-static-IP service to Qwest's offerings without MSN,
>     they're
>     > probably $10/month more.  And well worth it.
>     >
>     > And you get to go to bed at night knowing you're supporting
>     local techs
>     > with real jobs, not McJobs where someone reads you a script from
>     their
>     > screen at some outsourced Qwest call center.
>     >

>     Add another vote for FRII (www.frii.com <http://www.frii.com>).  I
>     switched from Comcast to
>     Qwest/FRII when I moved last year and have been very satisfied.  My
>     setup is Qwest Connect Platinum (naked DSL) plus FRII Home DSL Deluxe
>     and a couple extra bucks for a static IP.  I also prefer to run the
>     Actiontec modem in transparent bridge mode so that it only handles the
>     DSL connection setup and allows my firewall to "own" the external IP
>     address.
>

> And another vote for FRII. For all the reasons stated above. They know
> their stuff, and they don't bother you with scripts and such nonsense.
Yet another FRII support vote (6 years and 4 locations) with a naked
Qwest DSL line, FRII as ISP, with a static IPA subnet, at low cost, with
great support (highly responsive and intelligent).  One call directly to
FRII gets everything you need -- they even handled dealing with Qwest
for me.

believed to be clean.