[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jun 18 09:22:47 MDT 2007

mike havlicek wrote:
> I ran both Qwest DSL and Comcast cable based service
> and benchmarked it over a period of a month. Qwest
> lied.

Can you provide your benchmark setup so we can verify your results?

> I now use small business service from Comcast
> out of my home. You get at least one static IP that
> you can NAT or IP Masquerade. Whatever is your
> favorite term.

Do they provide reverse name resolution for your IP?

I set up Comcast's business service a while back and when I asked they
had no ability to provide a static IP.  The IP has only changed once
over several years but it isn't static.  Perhaps they've added that and
I should call them again.