[clue-tech] Debian on my thinkpad r41

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Sat Mar 3 00:44:04 MST 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 21:20, Collins Richey wrote:
> 4. For printing I need to setup my desktop system and the laptop
> appropriately. I haven't done the requisite RTFM yet, but maybe
> someone has a quick howto.  presume I can do this with the appropriate
> CUPS parameters.

Setup your CUPS server to support browsing. It will allow you laptop to
discover the printer when on your local network. You may have to set your
laptop to respect the broadcasted printers as well. It pretty neat. I use
this feature of CUPS to broadcast printers for Mac OS X users also since CUPS
is used under the covers on Mac OS X. I don't believe the setup is that
difficult. The main thing you want to make sure is that the browsing doesn't
leave your network.

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)