[clue-tech] Linksys wrt54gl story and question.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Mar 3 19:45:03 MST 2007

erik at ezolan.com wrote:
[...]
> Right now I have a dynDNS Updater that I run in my system tray on a
> Windows computer on the LAN, but I would *much* prefer to have the router
> do it.
>
> Is there an open source router firmware that can do that?

What's the protocol?  With some DNS providers an update only requires an
HTTP GET.  lynx will do that with its eyes closed.  So you hook the DHCP
client (ISC's is really easy) so that any IP change causes an update and
a cron job does it once a month.  Any Linux open firmware should be able
to handle that, as long as you have a program that speaks the protocol.