[clue-tech] Cisco vpnclient

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 09:03:15 MST 2007

I'm trying to figure out why my Vpn client seems to effectively time out
after a short time. The problem is not with the server set up from what I
can tell - at least I don't have any such problem with my W2K client.

The symptoms are like this: I'll be working (in rdesktop) and it stops
responding - as does the rest of ubuntu at least as far as keyboard - I can
click on the terminal that started rdesktop and kill it that way, and things
behave normally again. I can usually re-dial in via GVPN Dialer again,
although sometimes not right away. The status of the dialer also doesn't
always show that the vpn connection is lost, although if I wait for a long
enough period of time, it usually does.  While I get all this squirrellyness
in Ubuntu, I can walk over to my W2k box and dial in.

Any idea of settings I can tweak? This is on a wireless laptop - but I can
have other sessions such as VNC or ssh over the same network interface and
they never behave in this way, so I'm not sure that's relevant.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/