[clue-tech] motherboard with integrated graphics

Dennis J Perkins dperkins at frii.com
Tue Mar 27 20:48:10 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 18:03 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 3/27/07, dperkins at frii.com <dperkins at frii.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried the Asus M2A-VM motherboard with Linux?  It has an ATI
> > X1250 graphics processor on board.
> >
> > It looks like one current issue might be that it seems to be impossible to
> > run accelerated graphics on it right now.
> >

> I, personally, would not touch anything with ATI graphics at this
> time. Maybe in a few years time when AMD has sorted out the Linux
> support.

I've been using ATI graphic cards for a while, but I have never bought
the most recent ones since I don't do gaming.  I've just used the
drivers in Xf86 or X.org.

I have never used NVidia, so I don't know how to rate them.

I was thinking of buying a board with integrated graphics and save a few
dollars.  I'm not certain if that is the best approach, but laptops have
integrated graphics.