[clue-tech] scripted screenshots

Tue May 8 16:24:18 MDT 2007

I think I see why it's not running from crontab.

This was my cronline:
* * * * * scrot

This IS my cronline:
* * * * * scrot >> ~/scrot.log 2>&1

Now, I have scrot.log full of:
giblib error: Can't open X display. It *is* running, yeah?

Hmmm...  Why don't I have a mail-queue?  Must be an Ubuntu-ism...

Let's try setting the DISPLAY.  That works.  Let's try it in crontab.
That works, too.  Here's my current, working cronline:
* * * * * DISPLAY=:0 scrot >> ~/scrot.log 2>&1