[clue-tech] scripted screenshots

Jeffrey Brown jabrown at co.jefferson.co.us
Wed May 9 16:25:47 MDT 2007

Or to add to the myriad of possibilities, I've been playing with vnc2swf to create tutorials for school. Record a VNC session to your localhost and create a flash video of it. May be overkill for what you need though.

Forgive the top posting - I don't have an intelligent mail client.

David L. Willson wrote:
>>> I want to take a screenshot every ten seconds or minute or whatever, and
>>> store it in a folder without any disruption of what I'm doing, so that
>>> later, when I try to figure out what the f* I did all day long, I have
>>> some sort of a record.
>> And then you'll need to animate it, right?  So you can watch it while
>> you fill out your timecard or whatever.
> Yeah, I wanna animate it!  How do I do that?  :-)

You may want to check out xvidcap.  IIRC, with the right command line
magic you can set it up to take periodic shots and append them into an
mpeg file.
-Ken