[clue-tech] How to verify hardware acceleration

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.net
Mon May 14 19:53:11 MDT 2007

I'm running Mandriva Linux 2007.0, and have a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
installed.  I'm using the driver that you download from NVIDIA's
website, and it's installed properly (that I can verify from the NVIDIA
logo splash page as X starts up).  When I run glxgears, I only see
about high 5200's to low 5300's for the FPS rate.  I'm not convinced
that hardware acceleration is taking place with my setup.

Does anyone know if there's a way to verify if hardware acceleration is
taking place, and if it isn't, how to go about enabling it?

Thanks for any help!

            --Dave