[clue-tech] How to verify hardware acceleration

miguelito miguelito at biffster.org
Tue May 15 10:05:22 MDT 2007

Once you get the nVidia splash screen, you are done. That screen only comes up from nvidia's proprietary drivers, which have hardware acceleration enabeld by default. You're good to go.

>  about high 5200's to low 5300's for the FPS rate.  I'm not convinced
>  that hardware acceleration is taking place with my setup.

There's the further proof, if you really need it. Once you get out of the hundreds of fps, you're using acceleration. 5300fps? You've got some pretty damned good acceleration going on.

--
Michael Fierro (aka Biffster)            biffster at NOSPAM-REALLYgmail.com
http://apt-get.biffster.org     Y!: miguelito_fierro       AIM: mfierro1