[clue-tech] How to verify hardware acceleration

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Tue May 15 10:44:34 MDT 2007

David Guntner wrote:
> miguelito grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

Something still seems a little off here.  I'm only running a 256MB
6600GT with dual LCDs under Gentoo and average between 7000-7200 fps on
each screen.  If your card supports it, I'd check to see if Side Band
Addressing and Fast Writes help.  Check your "/etc/modules.d/nvidia" and
look for the following line:
"options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1"

Make sure this is uncommented, then run "modules-update" and reboot.

More info here:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Nvidia_Driver_AGP_FastWrite_and_Side_Band_Addressing

-Ken