[clue-tech] Linux laptops

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Mon May 21 09:24:55 MDT 2007

> My ThinkPad A20m has been a tank and still works well.  However, I'm
> consolidating three computers down to one new laptop + a network storage
> device.  I want to buy a new laptop that is built and preinstalled with
> Linux.  I'm selling the other three [P3 laptop, P4 workstation and P4 1U
> rack].  Contact me off-list if you are interested.
>
> For the laptop replacement, I found this local company on the ubuntu
> marketplace pages:
>
> http://system76.com/
>
> They have some great-looking systems with a lot of customizations.  Has
> anyone purchased from them?
>
> I appreciate any comments.

Nice find! It looks like they also sell desktops. :) I've been browsing
the 13.3" notebooks, it's good to see I have a local choice.

The only odd thing about their ultraportable is that it looks like it
maxes out on memory at 1.5GB.

It also looks like you can save a few bucks getting your own memory from
Newegg.

Erik Z