[clue-tech] SSL IMAP

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed May 23 23:57:48 MDT 2007

I am a moron when it comes to the basics of SSL when it's not related to
a website.  I would like to encrypt my email now that I have my new
CentOS install completed.  I took some of your advice and I started
using DoveCot along with Sendmail, and things seem to be going well.  I
am currently using SSL, but it's a self signed cert obviously.  My
question is, to get a signed cert do I have to pay Thawte or Verisign
for it, or can I have anybody sign it to make the thunderbird warning go
away?
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com