[clue-tech] linux on USB memory stick

Dan Poler dpoler at redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 16:32:04 MST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 16:14 -0700, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I bought a 4GB stick from Microcenter for about $35 yesterday.  Sony's
> 16GB stick was tempting but I didn't want to spend $180.

Word of warning - those store-branded Micro Center sticks are
s-l-o-w ... I have a 2 GB that is about a quarter to a third the speed
of another one I have (SanDisk).

Also interesting to note that they're somewhat weird in that they don't
have things like a vendor or device identification string -- I noticed
that when I was writing udev rules a while back.

Wouldn't trust it further than I could throw it. :-)

dap

--
Dan Poler, RHCE
Senior Consultant