[clue-tech] Mailman reject all?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 13 22:42:37 MST 2007

David L. Willson wrote:
> In "pending administrative requests", I sometimes have hundreds of posts by non-members
> (spammers) held for approval.  Can I reject or discard them all in one fell swoop.

Yes.  They are marked defer and there's a check box to discard all
messages marked defer.

> Or better yet, can I just decline them at the door with a polite
> reply, and not even wait to moderate them?

Yes, the admin screens have a setting for what to do with messages that
don't get posted.  Change it from defer to discard.  If you just reject
then you're probably replying to a spoofed address, which isn't very nice.