[clue-tech] LFS

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 11:58:54 MDT 2007

Comment from Yuko Jonah in another thread:

> While at this are there any Linux From Scratch users around, or someone who knows
> how to install this beast. would like to try it out.

I think there was a group of CLUEbies who did this a while back. As
far as LFS goes, just download the current LFS book from the site and
follow it letter by letter. It helps if you hafe a reasonably
recent/fast PC since, just like Gentoo, you're going to be compiling
everything.

There is also an ALFS project that has automated scripts for doing
what's in the LFS book. But, that eliminates the joy/pain/learning of
doing everything yourself <grin>.

--
Collins Richey