[clue-tech] should'a seen that coming...

Fri Sep 14 10:21:35 MDT 2007

The most manly and Linuxly correct way for me to have changed the
username would have been 'sudo usermod -l desiredname currentname'.

I just tested that, and confirmed that it makes appropriate changes
in /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, and /etc/group, at least.  (I did not check
down-level services like Samba/LDAP/etc, so be careful out there.)