[clue-tech] Declining Linux support.

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Tue Sep 25 23:47:23 MDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 07:37:16PM -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> So I'm thinking that it's time for me to figure out hibernation for my
> laptop.  Well, there are some article out there and basically two tool sets
> (uswsusp and suspend2), but not much on either integrating that with
> desktop power management or the package set for Debian.

I actually did this for a new notebook (HP DV2410us) the other night.
I've wound up using suspend2, but the uswsusp packages have some nice
features (such as encrypting the disk image).

I'm running lenny/sid, and I pretty much relied on the READMEs for the
packages in /usr/share/doc.  In fact I'm pretty sure that's all I relied
on.

> I've been keeping notes on things I have to figure out or hand configure
> (cause I hate having to figure them out again).  Maybe I need a blog to put
> that stuff on.
I have several years of notes in a 'cheatsheet' repository.  Absolutely
required if your going to run Linux.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard
khellman at mines.edu
                                   -*-
                    public key @ pgp.mit.edu B5354B76
    Y!M: mcprogramming                           AIM/ICQ: 485403897
                     gtalk: jabber at mcprogramming.com
                                   -*-

"Television is for appearing on -- not for looking at."

-- Noel Coward