[clue-tech] Declining Linux support.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 26 08:19:57 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 21:44 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Ditto on wordpress... but a warning to anyone setting it up:  Install a
> spam filtering plugin.  SpamKarma seems to work well.

Akismet: http://akismet.com/

With pre 2.x Wordpress I used to get about 20-100 spam posts a day, even
with all logins disabled and commenting disabled.  Akismet caught them
all and it was just point and click to clean up.

With 2.2 I now only get maybe 1 or 2 every couple of days.  And Akismet
still catches those.  I think Wordpress cleaned up it's holes in the 2.2
release.  Anyway, between it and Akismet, no spam is getting through on
my blog.  Interesting, too, is that you can use Wordpress like a CMS.
My wife and a couple of small businesses I set up use it as well and we
don't get any spam on any of them either.  Course, that could be because
of a smaller audience.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org