[clue-tech] Fax send/receive

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 15:43:04 MDT 2008

On Thursday 10 April 2008 14:06, David L. Willson wrote:
> Get an external USR or Zoom.  Externals can't be win-modems.

I thought that was the case but wasn't sure and in fact vaguely recall hearing
of some instances where they were.  But maybe not.  I'm not remembering any
further details.

I always preferred externals anyhow.  The ones I lost to surges and such were
always keeping that noise from getting to the MB,  is the way I looked at it.

Besides which,  blinkenlights are cool.  :-)

> USRs and Zooms have great reliability/compatibility.

My 14.4 is a Zoom,  my later ones are all USR Couriers.

> I hate being this old...  :-)

You figure out a way to get around it,  let me know,  ok?   :-)

I could be doing a whole lot worse.  My longest-term friend is a guy who's a
couple years younger than I am,  and who has already gone through a heart
transplant.  And he's having some issues with it,  years later.

-
M Dakin