[clue-tech] Vms and browser appliances and Tor

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 08:00:45 MDT 2008

So, for those of you also on clue-talk, I mentioned the ReactOS project.

When looking at it a little closer last night, I noticed that it works on
QEMU, a project I wasn't even aware of before. So now I have a question -
has anyone seen any projects that use Qemu, a small installation of Linux,
with Firefox, Tor and privoxy to create a "browser appliance"?

I've tried out VmWare's browser appliance before, but it doesn't have
Tor/Privoxy and it's using Ubuntu, IIRC, which makes it really slow...

Anyone have experience building Qemu or other vm images that could comment
on how hard it is to do yourself?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
All the money in the world can't buy you a smidgeon of ignorance.