[clue-tech] fighting with CUPS

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Aug 4 11:01:40 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 12:32 -0400, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> I had CUPS working here on a server box,  which is currently down,  and am
> trying to get it working to the extent of being able to plug the printer into
> my laptop here.
>
> I'm getting 403 errors.  I can't seem to locate what I need to fiddle with to
> fix that.

Edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and make sure you have the following line:

Listen localhost:631

Then restart the cups server.  On Fedora:

sudo service cups restart

Then access it via:

http://localhost:631

That should at least get you to the front page of the cups configurator.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org