[clue-tech] Re: OT: VMware Server virtual disk (vmdk) defrag

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Mon Aug 4 13:21:12 MDT 2008

On Mon August 4 2008 1:00:52 pm David L. Willson wrote:
> I always thought that the defragment in VMware Server would get the disk files back down
> to the size of the data that's on them.  Didn't seem to work that way, though...  Does
> anyone know how to do that, reduce the size of the vmdk files back to the size of the
> data being stored?  I moved 80GB from one virtual disk to another and I'd like to

Apparently, compacting a disk image is not as straight-forward as one might assume:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/51436

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.