[clue-tech] Linux HAMs?

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Fri Aug 22 09:21:08 MDT 2008

> I'm a ham operator, but I don't really use Linux for hamming... too
> much software available for Win/Mac platforms that performs better
> than the Linux/open-source equivalents.  But I've played with some of it.
Ditto on the ham operator (N0ZWI) but I haven't keyed up a mike in
years. Although with the recent Poker Run in Rampart and seeing the guys
work the radios there I thought I may get back in.

Nate, so whats a Linux guy and ham guy to do these days? I was really
floored to see the packet radio stuff when they were tracking the guys
riding the rails in Rampart.

Just thought I'd chime in and say there are at least two hams on here.