[clue-tech] Fall and penguins.

Dave Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 04:13:44 MDT 2008

Here's my two cents, then. Both from my own perspective as one who
almost dual-booted his laptop but didn't, and from the perspective of a
somewhat tentative Linux adopter also with a Windows laptop.

Both of us fit what I've seen in previous messages - that CLUE can
provide the "activation energy" to get us over the hump. In my friend's
case, he would gladly install Linux dual-boot but is afraid he'll goof
and "mess up his hard drive." I told him that CLUE might have better
odds in that department, then, having had plenty of experience. I know,
backups still advised...

For myself, my poor hard drive is just too fragmented, when I tried to
install I got errors which traced to that being unbearable, at least for
Ubuntu. So my first step is backup and restore or something, which I
haven't gotten around to. I also thought about booting from an external
drive, but my laptop is not really into that sort of thing, it likes CDs
and network only. So, maybe there's some other option, or maybe a kick
in the butt would suffice. Either way, a little of that energy...

And yes, visibility. So many groups, so little time, somehow it's gotta
be visible. Even craigslist or something I guess.

My fallback, still, is to get an old desktop. And I do have my nice
little Eeeeeee PC, which I think deserves a *real* distro some day, not
just Xandros.

Ok, more like 45c, but still.

Thanks!
Dave