[clue-tech] ver odd color map? problem

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sat Dec 6 18:42:11 MST 2008

With my Ubuntu PC I have been using an older 22" monitor, standard perspective.  I did a little
office reconfig and moved my new 22" widescreen (Acer) to the Linux PC. I reset the resolution to
something like 1280x768 and the perspective looks perfect.

The problem - with this monitor on the Linux PC I seem to have lost portions of the color map. If I
open firefox or seamonkey or epiphany, same problem.  On my website I have some background colors in
the main content, I think either #eeeeee or perhaps #dddddd. The background flanking the content is
white, #ffffff. Well it is all perfectly white now.

If I move the monitor over to that other PC, the colors are as they should be. What tool or
application do I need to access, even download, to correct this?  I don't see any screen setting
under display that control the number or array of colors.
--
Bob Meetin