[clue-tech] Ubuntu wireless problem

Angelo Bertolli angelo.bertolli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:13:40 MST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Dennis J Perkins <
dennisjperkins at comcast.net> wrote:

> My wireless connection on my Ubuntu laptop doesn't work anymore.  When I
> run ifconfig, I see wlan, but it doesn't have an IP address.
> NetworkManager doesn't see even see the wireless.
>
> At this point, I don't know what is causing the problem.  Any ideas?

What happens when you run iwlist scan ?

Yes, I have one idea, if you get nothing from the above:  I spent a good 2 -
4 weeks wondering why my wireless "broke" only to find out that laptops
today have some kind of switch to turn off the wireless device.  They're
usually labeled non-intuitively and in my case, it was a spring-loaded
switch that can get flipped really easily.

Angelo