[clue-tech] Coraid experience?

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Mon Feb 11 17:27:05 MST 2008

Hey all...we're looking to do an inexpensive SAN and were thinking about
using Coraid (www.coraid.com). We're familiar with iSCSI and have been
using that for quite a while with good results on a  HP raid box (with
about 12 disks) being served through a computer as the iSCSI target.

My big questions are does the Coraid custom IP stack really do that much
better than the standard iSCSI?
How scalable is it really? Does it really compare favorably to a
hardware solution? What about an all software solution (ie using ietd
iSCSI target) and the iSCSI software that already comes with CentOS?

Thanks for any help/insights!

Chris