[clue-tech] SD Card Reader Recommendations?

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Thu Jan 10 15:06:12 MST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 12:21:57PM -0700, David Brunner wrote:

> I've got a Kodak C513 camera that uses a Sandisk 1GB SD card. Any
> recommendations for an SD reader that would be compatible with Ubuntu 6.10
> (kernel 2.6.17-10-generic)?

I have tried a few different multi-card readers, and they have all worked.
There is a bug in the kernel in Feisty and Gutsy which can create problems
with external USB 2.0 devices like card readers, but it seems to be getting
better. I currently have a super-cheapo no-name, and a slightly-less-cheap
Memorex, both of which work flawlessly.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"I shall sing that first line twice, and perhaps if I sing it very
quickly, I shall find my-self singing the third and fourth lines