[clue-tech] Using a terminal/console for the desktop

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:03:43 MST 2008

Well said,

I am working all day with a windows box - not my choice.  I keep 3
command prompt window open and stretched to the desktop height.
Fortunately they let me install vim, perl, and a set of gnu
command-line tools.  If I need to do some heavy lifting a stripped
down Kubuntu under virtual box is an alt-tab away.  I just wish I
could get the shared directories (backwards) working  better.

I like the bit about a terminal on the desktop though, and will no
doubt be stting that up on my REAL computer soon.

--
aloha,
dave