[clue-tech] mbox

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Sat Jan 26 09:31:35 MST 2008

I'm running Ubuntu 7.1 with no non-standard packages.  I generally use
Thunderbird 2.0 as my mail client.

At a command prompt the mail command returns nothing.

jason at love ~ $ mail
No mail for jason

That's probably consistent with the contents of /var/spool/mail (symlink
to /var/mail)

jason at love ~ $ ll /var/mail
total 2304
-rw-rw---- 1 arthur       mail  101697 2008-01-25 12:39 arthur
-rw-rw---- 1 jason        mail       0 2008-01-25 18:08 jason
-rw-rw---- 1 julia        mail 2089110 2008-01-25 16:53 julia
-rw-rw---- 1 matchingmoms mail  150707 2008-01-25 15:57 matchingmoms
-rw-rw---- 1 powerpull    mail       0 2008-01-25 15:02 powerpull

Yet, my procmail log shows, for example: