[clue-tech] The cult of Mac

Louis Miller veganguy at canadaseek.com
Tue Jul 1 14:19:03 MDT 2008

    But, what about my question of why using a Mac or a PC is really necessary with Hardy Heron. I think it is a pertinent question. In light of the fact, that the Linux community felt that Linux being so difficult to use was the reason that the general public refused to adopt it. No one addressed my question. Linux is still being ignored or viewed as an oddity. I guess it is like high gas prices. The public will still use gasoline, even if other options exist, like walking, riding a scooter, public transit, biodiesel.

   They will pay a high price for conformity. Maybe, with their wallets as well as their piece of mind. If I understand David correctly, I agree with him, that these other OSs extract a heavy price on the user's sanity. It is like Microsoft and Apple are trying to constantly trick the user, because they know he/she is not educated about computers and they use the public's ignorance as their tool to sucker them out of every last dollar. Somewhere along the way, these people know they are being overcharged, and no matter how much they lie to themselves, it still must hurt them psychologically.