[clue-tech] Installfest July 19

Thu Jul 3 12:20:53 MDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:06:02 -0600, Rita Gibson wrote
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
> > Rita Gibson wrote:
> >> I'll be coming to my first Installfest in a couple of weeks to put
> >> Linux on my PS3.
> >
> > That would be cool to see.  I assume you'll bring your own install
> > media but if you need anything I can bring let me know.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> I have Gutsy Gibbon PS3 on a CDR. I've tried once to install it, but
> upon completion the HDMI port started experiencing handshake issues.
>  From what I've read composite cables will still work and once you get
> all the drivers configured those issues go away. However, I couldn't see
> and I figured some Linux guru help might not be a bad idea. If you think
> Yellow Dog might be a better option, I can seek it out. Apparently their
> team has a YD6 PS3 image available somewhere. Thanks, Scott Gibson.

Scott,

Have both on-hand and ready.  Aborting one will be easier if it doesn't incur a
multi-gigabyte download.  Also, bring whatever gear is needed.  Standard keyboard,
video, mouse, power, and Internet are available, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Examples: no speakers, no USB gear, etc...

-- David