[clue-tech] Sprog Looks Pretty Cool

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jul 3 23:10:18 MDT 2008

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/data-manipulation-sprog

I agree, it looks cool.  I wonder what its application will be?

In my experience, if you can break down data manipulation into a
sequence of steps that get put together to get where you want, you can
write perl.

People who can't do that use Excel and perhaps some sorting or filtering
(but not macros) to manipulate their data by hand.

Is it easier to learn what a library of gears can do, or simple regexs
and split()?

But this may well have application in education or some specific fields
where it's the killer app they've been waiting for.