[clue-tech] internet phone

Louis Miller veganguy at canadaseek.com
Tue Jul 8 09:18:49 MDT 2008

Hey folks,

    Does anyone use Ekiga or Skype? If so, would it be their regular phone, or would they need a cellphone or a home phone to back it up.? If they need a backup, then it seems like a toy, rather than a tool. I guess Ekiga is open source, while Skype is proprietary, so that makes Skype seem like the uglier option. I was thinking of heading to Micro-Center to get a headset to play around with it. Maybe, if someone else uses Ekiga and knows the ins and outs of how to configure it (the configuration screens seem pretty complicated), and they are willing to let me practice calling them, that might weigh into my decision on wether to purchase a headset.

Louis Miller