[clue-tech] Random wiki thought.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jul 11 18:16:31 MDT 2008

Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 11:49 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>> Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>>> I hate Enterprise work.  *sigh*  Long live embedded systems!
>> Amen.  Make that broader.  Long live SIMPLE systems that WORK.
>
> No kidding.  Whatever happened to lots of small programs piped together?
> I think the desktop killed the idea of "small, focused and useful."

I had a co-worker (who knows how to script) suggesting that we need a
GUI to pick files to copy from a to b.  He wasn't clear that he could
filter the file list any better than ls can so ultimately he wanted to
re-invent konqueror (or whatever file manager your desktop uses).
Because it's hard for him to pick the right rpm version out of a list.  Bah.

I hope he was mostly joking.