[clue-tech] Zimbra rocks

Wed Jul 16 07:43:04 MDT 2008

Here's the full answer, near as I can figure.

1) Zimbra is meant as a unique product which can replace Exchange, but it is not an
Exchange clone and does not attempt to replicate all of Exchange's features.

2) You can share folders with the public in Zimbra 5.0, but these are not public
folders, they're publicly shared private folders.

3) The development of a true "public folders" equivalent has probably been
"de-emphasized", because public folders has been de-emphasized in MS Exchange.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:08:24 -0700 (PDT), Brian Gibson wrote