[clue-tech] Re: [lug] request for data: cpuinfo on non-x86 cpus

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 17 13:59:13 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 13:21 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
> I don't see any reason not to share this with everyone.

True enough.  I should set up my wiki again (on my colo site), this time
properly password protected, and post the data there.  I'll see if I can
do that this weekend.  For now its on our internal wiki.  I think the
info would be very useful to people, especially so they can see how the
data is not consistent in format or content across processors.  I also
found the following links which are helpful in intepreting some of the
data:

CPU World (general CPU info) - http://www.cpu-world.com/index.html
Meaning of CPU flags - http://gentoo-wiki.com/Cpuinfo

> I have an Itanium-1 at home (but powered down) that I'll try to remember
> tonight.

Cool.  Thanks.

> In the meantime, here is a Sharp Zaurus (ARM):

Thanks.  So far, I have three Linksys routers, an Itanium 2, an AMD
Opteron, a PowerPC, an Alpha and an ARM.  Interesting to see two of the
Linksys are WRT54GL's running OpenWRT but with different CPU model's
reported.

Thanks to all who have responded so far!
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org