[clue-tech] Protected by Linux

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 10:46:43 MDT 2008

Browsing some newly arrived spam (I had just trashed tons of the
stuff), I was intrigued by the title 'Osama backs gangs and mafias'.
Hmm, worth a read. Is this urban legend, propaganda, or actual news?
So I clicked on the link, which brings up a typical flash player
window with a "click here to view video". Aha, the link points to a
<garbage>.exe file!

Fortunately I'm running a system that doesn't recognize .exe files.
The average Windows user would be owned at this point.

--
Collins Richey