[clue-tech] Protected by Linux

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Mon Jul 21 07:47:54 MDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> The fun ones are where the link contains a whole mess of space characters and
> that .exe part of the name ends up offscreen.

This shows at least two problems that linux doesn't have:

1. Treating "documents" (a.k.a. data) as something that should
more-or-less automatically execute.

2. Treating part of the name of the file (".exe") as the
mark that indicates "execute this file".

It seems to me that both of these factors contribute to
Window's ongoing security problems, but I could be wrong.