[clue-tech] Announcement: Postfix changes

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Jun 21 14:07:20 MDT 2008

Hi Folks.

I'm going to be fiddling with our Postfix configuration today. I won't be
trying anything fancy, and the changes I'm making are very basic
anti-spam configuration settings. These settings will require
well-behaved mail sending agents and proper domain names that also reverse
correctly. I got this stuff mostly just by reading the postfix docs, and
then cross-checking what I came up with against recommendations found at
linuxmafia.com. At the moment, I'm doing only those changes at seem
pretty obvious and easy to understand, and not getting into RBLs, though
RBLs are on my list of things to work with.

If you get an immediate reject from mail going to the lists, please
forward the reject message directly to me.

jed