[clue-tech] beginner to KDE

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Jun 28 14:19:22 MDT 2008

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:17:31 -0700
Louis Miller wrote:

> Does anyone out there use KDE? I started with it. I am using Mandriva
> 2008 with KDE 3.5. I had trouble installing Koffice. I couldn't
> understand what depedencies it was asking me to satisfy in the package
> manager.

Hi Louis.

First off, please tell us what distribution you're using, and what
package manager. The answer to your question will depend upon, in
general, whether you're using an RPM or Debian package system, and more
specifically, depending on the previous, if you're using rpm, yum,
up2date, apt, aptitude, synaptic, adept, ... or something else.

If you're attempting to install Koffice from the command line, please
post the exact command you're executing, and the output.

If you're using a graphical package management tool, it will still, in
most cases, be possible to capture some of the output. Please describe
the process you're using to perform your install.

jed