[clue-tech] The cult of Mac

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Sun Jun 29 09:35:56 MDT 2008

>      But, all of that expense must no longer be necessary with Hardy Heron.
> There is so much hand-holding in it, and it runs smoothly on 512MB of RAM.
> They just need to be shown how to use the menus and google for help, and
> how to use synaptic and they are off and running.

I think there's still a big usability difference between OS X and Gnome or
KDE. I would still recommend a Mac over a machine running linux for most
newbs.

Unless I were available to them 24x7 for tech support (i.e. my wife), of
course.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"you can't spell dishonorable without honorable"
- Homer J. Simpson