[clue-tech] if it's not too far out of scope... audacity

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Tue Nov 4 08:54:18 MST 2008

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:04:33 -0700
Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> Well thar ya go.  Still fairly new to Ubuntu, so I occasionally miss
> these things.  It is now "installed" via Synaptic.  This is sooo sweet.
> Way too easy to be legal.

A lot of us have been using Linux for so long that building from source is not a foreign concept. But don't let any of us talk you into it. [grin] Always check Synaptic for the software you want to install. I'd say 95% of the time, it'll already be packaged and ready to install. Synaptic takes care of dependencies 99% of the time, so there should almost never be a time when you have to build an app yourself.

Ubuntu has some excellent user-friendly utilities. I recommend using them whenever possible.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"Does he look like a bitch?"
- Jules, Pulp Fiction