[clue-tech] if it's not too far out of scope... audacity

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 4 19:54:31 MST 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
[...]
> Pointing anyone toward it who's NOT interested in developing anything
> (probably a large majority of computer users) is kinda silly... unless
> someone's hoping they'll all of a sudden want to learn C/C++/[insert
> over-hyped language of the month here], and contribute code.

Yeah, well Bob expressed a willingness to compile from source.  He even
claims to have downloaded the source code.  So even though it would be
entirely superfluous I didn't want him to think the next step would be hard.

My first serious Linux system was LFS.  I learned a lot that I still
appreciate and recommend it to anyone who's serious about Linux system
administration.

Besides, my therapist is encouraging me to be more silly.  So thanks,
I'll tell him what you said.